Sunday, October 19, 2008

Adventures at the Bad Baby Bubbleducks Corral

He looks so innocent, with his sweet curls, but we all know the truth. Deep down he is a mean machine. His favorite word lately is "na na na na" accompanied by a sweeping motion with his hand to convey the message, "Not just no, absolutely not." He is also fond of "my" for mine and "peas" for "Give me that now, I don't really care if it is yours or not."


His intentions were confirmed last night when he hit Jack on the head with a doctor's kit (please note the irony) hard enough to split his head open pretty good. Then, we assume in an effort to conceal the evidence, while we were contending with a fountain of blood and screams, he toddled into the playroom to squirrel away the evidence back in the toy box. By the time we turned back to him, he was contentedly playing with his piano, smiling like he had nothing to do with it.


While he fell right to sleep in bed with a clean conscience, Jack and I headed off to the Urgent Care center where he earned himself his first set of stitches.


At the ER, when asked what happened, Jack at first remained mute on the subject. Then, finally, he says, "Someone slapped me." The doctor sort of looks at me curiously. Then Jack follows up with a quiet whisper, "it was my baby."


Luckily all seems o.k. this morning at the corral. When Sam woke up I said to him, "Sam, you have to be nice to Jack!" Jack looked up and said, "But Mom, Sam didn't do any-fang to me.............yet...."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bennett had a scar requiring stitches in exactly the same place. his was the result of not stopping his bike and pitching into a barbed wire fence. i remember how proud he was of it!

must run in the family.

your auntie diane

Melani said...

Poor Jack! I'm glad it wasn't any worse!!!

Aziletx said...

yeah, it must run in the family - it's in the same location as Shane's childhood stitches too!!