Friday, April 25, 2008

It's two o'clock in the mo' nin....

Yesterday we had a long anticipated group of visitors arrive to Marshall to see us and spend the weekend hanging out and doing Sam's Christening and Birthday party. The first group was my sister, Monica and my nephews, Drew (5) and Kyle (10). Jack has been so excited about this for a week and constantly asking when they were arriving. He has been sort of friend deprived since we moved from Okinawa which only heightens his insanity level.

They pulled up at about 8:45 pm. Jack's normal bedtime is around 8. He played shy for about 15 minutes and then really turned it on into full hyper activity mode. So, you can only imagine how it went about 9:45 when we told them to get ready to go to bed in the living room all on air mattresses and couches.

I know, I know. You are thinking I am the dumb one for ever thinking this was going to work. But you see, I KNEW they'd probably stay up late. I'm thinking, "Oh, the memories they will make!" Or something equally crazy. But, the child JUST turned four. He'd pass out eventually, right???

Famous last words.

I go to sleep (10:45 pm), Monica goes to sleep (11:00 pm), Nana heads off (11:30 pm), Kyle goes upstairs to sleep with his mom and tells them they REALLY need to lay down and sleep (11:45 pm).

I awake around 1:50 pm. Sam's baby monitor is making CURIOUS noises. They sound A LOT like Jack. I go downstairs.

There they are, surrounded by about 200 crayons and 30 sheets of paper, coloring away. At two in the morning.

Seriously.

1 comment:

Aziletx said...

“Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.”
(like we'd want to!)
- Bob Dylan