Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So, for a while now I have had a preschooler and a baby. Jack just turned four. He can follow instructions, he understands consequences, he's potty trained, he can get things for himself sometimes, dress himself. No one within a one hundred mile radius of him at any time is going to accuse him of being easy, but he is relatively able to live autonomously from us. We also had this baby. So maybe having two kids was a little more work, sure, but I forgot to add that he was also a very EASY baby. Sam was always very amiable, happy to do whatever you were doing at the moment, content to be still or be on the go.

Seriously, how could I have forgotten this toddler stage?

Toddlers are an ENTIRELY different STORY. They are crazy, and this one is no exception. Sam turns one this weekend. And he isn't even WALKING yet.

You see, my husband has been home to help. Well, he went back to work this week and I suddenly caught the full brunt. Toddlers.

Seriously, how did I forget this?

Please don't let me do it again.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toddler years are a lot like
childbirth: they seem terrible when you're in them, but the pain soon
subsides, you forget and start all over again. Gotta love those little
ones. They teach us such neat things and remind us about important things we have forgotten.