Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Obsession with Google

Have we talked about this obsession Jack has with Google? I honestly can't tell you how it started. But however it did, one of his favorite activities is to sit at the computer and say "how do you spell _____, Mommy?" and then I have to spell the word as he types it. Then he clicks Google, goes up to the top, clicks "Images" and looks at all of the pictures of whatever it is he typed. The whole thing started out as animals and he would say "Oh look, how cute!" about every one he saw.

The problem is that in Houston, you are almost always in the same room as Jack and that room also has a computer. Thus, lots of requests for spellings.

I knew it is getting a little out of control when I walked into the door from the bank and Keith was giving Sam a bath and Jack was on the computer. As soon as I come into the living room, he says, "Mommy, how do you spell hang glider? I already have the H!!"

The other main problem is that he has figured out the print button so we might get 15 pictures of hang gliders and 8 of a baby alligator and her mommy. Don't be surprised if these things show up in your mailboxes.