Saturday, May 23, 2009

Extreme Couponing

My mom's group here had a meeting in February about how to coupon. It is not like just taking a few coupons to the store, however. It is more like, taking 30. It takes a lot of planning and you have to buy stuff on sale and stockpile it. I have been fielding some questions about it, so I thought that I'd share some of it on here occasionally. It is really awesome once you get good at it to go into a store and save more than you spend.

I go to a grocery store here, Publix. It is awesome. I know most of you Texas folk don't have Publix, but Kroger's does some similar stuff with coupons. I also do Walgreens and CVS every week, because mostly every week those stores will have items that are free with coupons.

Anyway, here is what I got this week at Publix. My total before was 170.32, I saved 86.75 and paid 83.57. This is with buying produce, all organic meat and we go through about 4 gallons of milk a week here.

1 comment:

Aziletx said...

What, no beer or wine coupons?