Saturday, May 16, 2009

More

Last night, Jack went to his room to pick out his books to that we read before bedtime. I go in and he has chosen some fine book and "Cars and Trucks and Things that Go" by Richard Scarry. Those books take FOREVER to read. I said:

"Jack, I really don't want to read Cars and Trucks tonight."

He said, "Well, mommy, that is what I chose, so I guess you are just going to have to live with it."

Gotta love it when the things you tell them come back to haunt you.

-----------------------------------

This morning, I go out to put the boys in the car and see three of our tricycles in the cul-de-sac. Obviously we had left them out overnight. I said:

"Dang! We left our crap out all night!"

Jack says "Yeah, I guess we need to get our freaking crap."

I sigh and say "Well, neither Freaking nor Crap is a very nice word. Mommy shouldn't have said Crap either. What else can we say instead?"

Soon he is going to be calling me an MFer and I am going to only have myself to blame.

No comments: