Thursday, September 18, 2008

Junk Food

As you all know, we are on a program to get Jack to eat healthier and also eat a larger variety of food.

When I picked him up from school today he happily said, "Mommy I have chocolate AND a lollipop!" and Mrs. Flatt, his teacher, said "Yep, they are really treated out today!"

The whole way to lunch he begs me to eat these things. I say no, we are about to eat lunch.

I took him to the Pizza Inn buffet before gymnastics. So, first I got him some stuff from the salad bar that he eats (cheese, pineapple, honeydew). He tasted each on his own and then did his classic move where he brings his shirt up to cover his mouth and said that each one was "yucky."

On my second trip to the buffet, I got him some plain noodles, which he will usually eat, and a breadstick. He ate most of both of those but said he didn't want more and was still hungry. Though we were at a pizza buffet, he doesn't like pizza at all and I decided not to press it.

On my third trip to the buffet, I got him some club crackers and some saltines. He loved these and asked for more.

While I am finishing my pizza he asks to taste this piece of chocolate chip pizza, and I reluctantly agree even though I have already told him we could walk to Checkers and get a chocolate shake to waste the rest of the time.

He tastes the chocolate chip pizza but doesn't like it.

We walk over and get the milkshakes, which I know he loves. As we are walking back to the car he says to me, "Gosh mommy, you are just ALWAYS trying to give me all this junk food, and it is just not healthy for me."

Sure I am, Little monster :-)

4 comments:

The Coughlons said...

Jack doesn't like pizza???? is he crazy?

K. Willeford said...

That's rude!

Besides, do you REMEMBER Alicia's weird, little eating habits?

Aziletx said...

I clearly remember bribing Alicia to eat pizza around age 4 at Showbiz Pizza! "You have to eat this PLAIN CHEESE or you can't play games or jump in the balls!"

(anybody remember Showbiz Pizza??)

Aziletx said...

oops - that was supposed to say PLAIN CHEESE PIZZA... left off one word