Sunday, September 21, 2008

Umm, yeah

I think we need to start having a regular "Umm, yeah" column here on Raising These Crazy Boys with all the weird stuff my kids do.

This morning, I told Jack he needed to take a shower. They have been preferring to take a bath in our bathroom lately in the big bathtub but I didn't feel like dealing with that so I told him to get in the hall shower, in his bathroom.

Some weeks after we moved here I started noticing that the hall bathroom that Jack uses smelled like pee. This isn't all that surprising since Jack is male and four, I figured he was just not aiming too well. I went through the usual suspects, cleaning the toilet, washing the bathmat. None of that helped, so one day last week I was going out for a while and I asked Keith to mop the floors and he mopped that bathroom. It is made of like real rocks but the mopping seemed to help and I forgot about it for about a day.

Then a few days ago I realized it still smelled bad in there and it was really strong. I didn't know what else to do but was thinking maybe it was because of the rocks, like they were holding the pee in or something. I was baffled but weighing my options.

Back to this morning, I go to put Jack in the shower in there. I pull back the curtain and look in the bathtub. Obvious dried pee is in the tub and in more than one place.

Me: "Jack WHAT THE HELL, MAN?" Ok, ok, I didn't really say that but I wanted to.

Me: "Jack did you pee in this bathtub."

Jack: "Yes, mommy, I really did, that is the truth."

Me: "WHY??????????????"

Jack: "I don't know mommy, I just did pee in this bathtub."

Me: "But the toilet is RIGHT THERE!"

Jack: "Umm, huh."

Me: "Please, Jack, Don't Do This Anymore. This is very gross."

Jack: "Ok, mom!"

I don't know what planet these guys come from except for planet male.

1 comment:

The Blevins' said...

wow. Alicia that is just stinkin hilarious. I definitely think you need to get a column for those uhmm yea moments. Your boys crack me up. But you are right, boys will be boys.