Thursday, June 4, 2009

How old is he???

"We have to move to a new house," I tell him tentatively. I am afraid he is going to freak out, because we do this too often and I know he hates it. He has just asked Keith a few weeks ago at bedtime to promise him we can live here forever. "We will stay in the same city, though, and you can still go to the same school." I wait.

"Well, we should move to a neighborhood close to my school then mommy, so that we don't have to drive too many minutes to get there."

Hmm, smart kid. We were considering the same thing.

--------------------------------------

And last week, when I was sad about losing his great teacher that I love:

"Mommy, you are sad now about Mrs. Flatt, but next year when I am going to first grade, you are going to say the same thing about my Kindergarten teacher. You are going to love her even more and be sad to change to a new one."

Sometimes this kid is wise beyond his years :-)

1 comment:

Ryan Hauck said...

*ahem* the house right next to us is vacant and available for rent. And we're about 8 minutes from Pinewood. :)