Friday, August 1, 2008

I guess vacation bible school did its job

Let's just say Keith and I have been a little, umm, delinquent in taking our child to Sunday school and/or church since he was born. We tend to laze around on Sunday instead of going to church. We want Jack to feel plugged into a church community, though, so we keep saying we are going to start going once we move somewhere.

This week we went to VBS at First United Methodist Church in Marshall, where I grew up going to church. I taught elementary sports and games which was, in a word, nuts.

Jack, however, must have gleaned some meaning from these five days. He just came in and told me sternly:

"Mommy, I wrote you a note. Listen to it. Be quiet. [whispers] Mommy, God is your friend. He is your best friend. He wants to live with us. God loves us bear-y much. God doesn't want us to be bad guys, only good. Thank you for giving us power. Be good. Make sure you say your prayers at night. He is your best friend."

Guess he got more out of that than I did.

1 comment:

Meve & Co. said...

That is precious Alicia! Thanks for sharing.=)