Monday, January 19, 2009

Random Musings

The other day we were driving home from school and Jack was telling me about something that had happened that day (which, actually, is rare, we get a lot of "Nothing happened, don't talk to me" even at four). He said that they were playing a rhyming game and Mrs. Flatt was telling them things that rhymed with their last names. I was barely paying attention thus cannot recite the list to you of what rhymed with Willeford, but afterward he came up with this gem:

"Mommy, it was just so so funny, I couldn't believe my heart."

-----------------

We are sick today and thus staying home. This is not something I enjoy doing all day most of the time because I like to be out and going and doing. Staying home with these two can be pretty tedious. We were watching the second in a long stream of movies and I was sitting on the big couch surrounded with four baskets full of clean laundry and attempting to fold it all.

Jack looks at up from his movie and says, "You are such a great worker mommy. You work the most hardest of all the people I know. "

Don't forget it, kid. And make sure you tell that to your daddy.

----------------

I just folded sweatshirts. We usually wash laundry on Sunday. We certainly did last week and this week. I folded 11 sweatshirts that belong to Sam. Seriously, what the hell? How did he go through 11 sweatshirts in 7 days? This type of thing always perplexes me. I could count other pieces of our laundry and do the same thing, but I'm afraid you might get bored :-)

No comments: